Benchmarking your corporate governance practices
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London.
Achieve a step change in your corporate governance approach
Designed to give Company Secretaries, Senior Management and Board Directors an in-depth facilitated session that will enable them to review their own governance practices and communication, alignment to strategy, benchmark output to good best practices and facilitate effective governance delivery to both internal and external stakeholders.
A leading consultancy firm will guide you through assessing the key actions necessary to help you deliver a step change in governance practices in order to support value.
The session covers the breadth of corporate governance policy, compliance and disclosure practices, with latest developments in the governance field, evolving good practices in reporting and communication as well as exploring aspects of company culture and leadership styles.
Central to this session is the fund manager led discussion which will provide an excellent opportunity to hear first-hand how and why effective governance and how it is communicated can impact on value.
The session offers a wealth of case study materials and real life examples and armed with this knowledge course delegates will be able to perform their own benchmarking in a facilitated workshop at the end of the session.
In addition to the in-depth review and update on governance related matters, there are several key outcomes that you can expect from this course;
- Benchmark your own governance practices against industry good practice standards
- Understand the regulatory changes and learn what the likely changes will mean for you
- Learn how to develop best in class governance practices that are aligned to strategy and stakeholder interests
- Appreciate how investors can support the board and its governance processes
- Understand what drives value across your organisation
- Understand how important leadership and culture are to governance
- Gain from the knowledge and experience of leading governance consultancy
Who should attend
This one day course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Company Secretaries
- Board Directors
- Senior Management
- A full copy of the course materials and examples
- A series of case studies covering best practices that will serve as a reference guide and support your overall learning outcomes from the session.
- If you require a private session for individual questions we can provide individual coaching sessions on a one-to-one basis with the course tutor.
Registration fee: £695 + VAT
- Introduction and session objectives
- Recap of latest changes to Governance policy and other impending developments
Governance and how it drives value
- What is effective governance and why is it important?
- How effective governance drives value for your stakeholders
Governance and its implications, perceptions and trends
- Leadership – looks at how to establish clear "tone from the top", articulate values, strategy and performance in an integrated way.
- Effectiveness – looks at how challenge is delivered within an organisation
- Accountability – look at how operations and governance structures assign accountability
- Remuneration – looks at recent trends and weighting
- Relations with Shareholders – looks into how transparent insight is provided into communication channels
An investor’s view of governance
- Reliance on the annual report disclosures
- What are the key areas of focus
- What do companies struggle to explain well
- Which companies disclose well in terms of governance reporting
- Sector case studies and comparisons
- What type of leader are you as a firm
- Benchmarking your governance efforts
Further Workshop (optional)
Customer Service and training enquires:
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 7971821
Email address: email@example.com
Our programme specialists and customer service team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm to help you with any queries related to our programmes or to the registration process.