Strategic Presentation Skills Workshop
London Stock Exchange, London.
This Strategic Presentation Skills workshop is designed for mid to senior level executives who are already capable presenters, but wish to make the leap from good to great.
In a business environment, effective communication is critical. This Strategic Presentation Skills workshop is designed for mid to senior level executives who are already capable presenters, but wish to make the leap from good to great. The workshop starts with an analysis of what it means to be ‘a natural’. What is it that the Bill Clintons of this world are doing that is making them successful and engaging communicators? From there, delegates will develop the key elements of effective communication applicable across all scenarios from internal meetings to business pitches, briefings and presentations. Why attend? The programme aims to furnish executives with all the necessary tools to unlock their full leadership potential. The one day workshop will enable participants to:
- Understand the principles of truly effective spoken communication
- Deliver their messages with confidence, presence and authority
- Confidently convey personality and build trust in all speaking situations
- Structure focused and memorable messages with impact and clarity
- Consider creative visuals that reinforce rather than distract from key messages
- React immediately and confidently to unexpected questions
This programme is conducted in series of sessions in one day, starting with an analysis of the principles of effective communication. Participants are shown and practise, using role-play and video playback, how to apply these principles across a wide variety of scenarios. Location
- Reference book covering best practice, examples and other support covered during the day
- If you think you would benefit from follow on 1-on-1 coaching sessions, please mention it to the trainer or LSEG’s course co-ordinator
Who should attend?
This one day course has been designed to benefit the following professionals:
- Senior Company Secretarial professionals
- Investor Relations Directors and Managers
- Central Bankers and Exchange professionals
- Senior Compliance officers
- Senior PR and IR consultants
Registration fee: £695 + VAT
CPD points: This course attracts 6 CPD points
Session One - Analysis of the Principles
This is designed to prove the apparently simple concept that we all perform best when adopting a positive, conversational style. In other words, our personality comes over well and our listeners find the message easy to digest. Vital to this concept is an analysis of normal conversation.
Session Two - Power of Notes
In this session, we apply the principles to a presentation in note format. Most of us use notes as a means of reminding ourselves of the main points. Some of us actually follow our notes. Others use the notes as a safety net. Participants will be encouraged to use notes in a more disciplined way than they are probably used to.
12:30 – 13:30 – Lunch
Session Three - Planning, Content and Structure for Clarity and Impact
This is an examination of the intellectual techniques of preparing the content of a presentation. Many people spend far too long agonizing over what to say, as they do not have a well-established procedure for preparation. Participants will see how to establish a clear objective and a concise, memorable message. We will emphasis the importance of using conversational, easy to listen to language.
Session Four - Re-examination of Visual Aids
Using visual aids can be a very effective way of enhancing your message. Too many visuals, however, can become overpowering or even distracting. We will show participants how to make appropriate visual choices when preparing their presentations.
Session Five - Questions and Ad Lib-ing
Know how to address the pit-falls of speaking “off the cuff” and to be able to deal with all types of questions with both confidence and credibility. Additional Techniques We will examine different story telling techniques.