UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules
London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London.
A focus on the latest regulatory changes, developments and best practice
Companies with a premium listing are required to comply with the UK Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules. These rules and guidance establish minimum requirements in respect of:
- Proper communication to the market, including the disclosure of price-sensitive information
- Shareholder interaction and disclosure considerations where significant transactions are concerned
- Periodic financial reporting – both timings and content
With the UK regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, scrutinising the compliance of listed companies more closely than ever, this seminar provides an ideal opportunity for existing issuers or those considering a listing on the market to understand both the fundamentals and the latest developments.
The emphasis of this seminar will be on the practical implications of the UK Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, demonstrating how companies are expected to comply. Senior representatives from top consultancy firms will provide their perspective and guidance via a series of presentations and practical worked examples. The seminar will explore the latest developments relating to Market Abuse, Related Party Transactions, inside information, PDMR dealings and systems and controls.
The session will be opened by David Styles, Director Corporate Governance at the Financial Reporting Council who will provide his perspective and answer questions on the latest governance matters including the government green paper.
Other topics covered at this half day seminar include:
- The FRC focus on company culture, diversity and succession planning
- The Modern Slavery Act
- Payment practices
- Tax strategies and practices
- Managing information risk
- Variable remuneration periods
Who should attend?
This seminar course is targeted at those with an intermediate or senior level of knowledge seeking to be updated with the latest developments, information and perspective including:
- Company secretaries
- Financial directors
- Legal counsel
- Corporate communication
- Investor relations officers
Registration fee: £495 + VAT
8.55 - 9:00 - Chair’s welcome - Overview and objectives of the seminar
Chair: Claire Fargeot
09:00 - 09:30 - Introduction and key note speech
Insights and perspectives on latest developments followed by Q and A
David Styles, Head of Corporate Governance, FRC
930 - 11:15
The fundamentals Life as a listed company: key developments
- Update on the regulatory framework for all listed companies
- Governance: hot topics
- Changes to the listing rules
- Perspective and practical steps
10:00 - 10:15 Coffee
The transparent market:
- Contributing to an open and fair market
- Managing inside information
- Company announcements: case studies and practical lessons
- Share dealing by senior management
Speakers: Charles Mayo and Chris Horton, Simmons & Simmons
11:15 - 12:45 Shareholder considerations and reporting to the market
- The role of the Sponsor
- Significant transactions – class tests and notifications
- Transactions with related parties etc.
- A shareholder’s right of pre-emption
Speaker: Daniel Adams, Investec
Reporting to the market:
- Overview of the financial and narrative reporting regime
- Corporate reporting update
- Accounting rules update
- Best practices
Speaker: Mary Holden, Grant Thornton
12:45 - 13:00 – Final questions and close
"It provided me with very relevant/current updates on key areas particularly where the FCA is focusing its attention. Seeing what is coming over the hill is always useful."
"Knowledgeable presenters and good audience participation"
"Practical with a good all round update."
"It delivered a great overview and highlighted any recent updates to note."
"The examples of past issues is very helpful in bringing issues/responsibilities to life."
Customer Service and training enquiries:
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 7971821 Email address: email@example.com
Our programme specialists and customer service team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm to help you with any queries related to our programmes or to the registration process.