Understanding corporate financial statements course agenda
Welcome and introduction
- Course objectives
Understanding the key financial statements
- The drivers of financial reporting. Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
- Presentation of accounts.
- Accounting principles.
- The value of the auditors’ report.
- Recent updates in accounting practice.
The key issues for the Financial Director
- Reviewing the footnotes in conjunction with the income statement.
- Segment reporting.
- Analysing the statement of financial position and income statement.
- Operating leases, Off balance sheet items, pension issues.
- Peer analysis and benchmarking.
- The 10 key analytical questions.
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch
Presenting cash flow issues. The structure and content of the cash flow statement
- How to use the cash flow statement.
- Analysing the cash flow statement.
- The cash flow.
- Cash flows and benchmarking and peer analysis.
Ratios used in operating performance
- Ratios used in capital structure.
- Interpretation and understanding of ratios.
- Key ratios used by the Rating Agencies and Stock analysts.