M&A and private equity transaction after Covid-19 workshop in collaboration with Colombo Stock Exchange
days to go
A virtual session in collaboration with Colombo Stock Exchange to cover in depth non-executive director rights, duties and their roles within boards.
The M & A marketplace has changed. Covid-19 is unprecedented. This specially created course organised by the LSEG Academy in collaboration with our partner Colombo Stock Exchange looks at the various ways buyers and sellers will now begin to look at M & A transactions.
The facilitator shares experience and new insights of how transaction dynamics have evolved as the Pandemic and the new economic reality takes effect.
It specifically covers the effect on corporate finance and private equity professionals addressing the up to date specific steps to take in this ‘New Normal’.
All organisations are reviewing their contracts or indeed their counterparties to decide whether to terminate or suspend a contract.
This course is designed based on client requests to provide guidance - providing examples and sharing up to date practice, along with checklists of steps to take.
It will draw upon the trainers’ specific experience of this part of contracts working on cross border transactions for clients from a range of sectors.
Attending this course will enable you to;
- Avoid failed M&A deals by effectively assessing and valuing target companies
- Understand the new realities to M&A success to avoid missing out on high-value M&A deals
- Gain competitive advantage by understanding the outlook for corporates and sectoral winners and losers
- Maximise private equity returns by focusing on business model resilience, recovery plays and global private equity trends
- Mitigate M&A risk by gaining insight on cross border trends, IP, accounting issues and legal points
Who should attend?
This virtual course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Company Directors
- Corporate finance professionals
- Private Equity Professionals
- Entrepreneurs - Venture Capitalists
- Investment bankers
- M&A specialists
- Vendors and Purchasers
- A full copy of the course materials and examples
- Certificate of completion
By emailing the Colombo Stock Exchange: Investoreducation@cse.lk
14.00 – 17.00pm Sri Lanka Standard Time (SLST) Wednesday 24 March 2021
Introduction and Overview
How has Covid 19 affected the outlook for corporates?
- accelerated change to business models
- reassessment of company valuations
- sharp switch of investment interest towards digital technologies
- boost to the green economy
Sectoral winners and losers
- leisure and hospitality
- Whither Carnival Cruises?
- low cost airlines: Easy Jet; Air Asia
- Boeing, Rolls Royce
- electric vehicles
- Tesla, BYD, Apple Hyundai, U.S. “Big Three”
- gambling and fintech
- Entain, Worldpay
- Peloton, Hut Group, CBD/herbal
- focus on business model resilience
- recovery plays
- financial structures remain conservative
- PIK controversy
- competition from pension funds
- bank debt availability
- vc focus on digital
- re-emergence of public to private
- cross border trends
- Chinese search for technology/brands
- Importance of Intellectual Property
- accounting issues
- revenue recognition
- asset valuations
- legal points
- effectiveness of warranties and indemnities
- TOM code (takeovers and mergers code) in Sri Lanka
- due diligence and fraud
- private companies and directors loans
- U.S. search for value
To register for this course, contact Colombo Stock Exchange by emailing Investoreducation@cse.lk